Red, White and Blue Popsicles
Play around with these with any fruit you love. For the holidays I used blueberries and strawberries, but I think these would be great with any berry and also with pureed peaches. Feel free to adjust the sugar as your taste dictates.
2 cups strawberries, hulled
1 pint blueberries
4 tablespoons of sugar
1 and 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender, puree the strawberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside in a bowl and quickly wash the blender pitcher.
- Puree the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar, set aside in a bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt with 2 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla.
- Layer the blueberries, strawberries and yogurt in whatever format you what.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.